Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Graafschapspad part 7

Doesburg-Olburgen

What a wonderful day. The sun was shining a lot (24°C) and there was a light breeze. I forgot to take my camera, so the following images are from the internet, but they give a pretty good idea about my day. The path today was so different from the former sections. The medieval town of Doesburg is very picturesque, interesting and has beautiful buildings. Try to spend a bit more time to explore the compact town center. It is worth the effort. The outer boundary of old town has the shape of a star. I followed the star shape on a dyke which surrounds the old center which is really interesting.


I had lunch at ‘De Bonte Hond’, a charming little restaurant which serves really nice dishes. I enjoyed a nice green leaf salad with goats cheese, crunchy bacon, melons and a nice rye bread. I continued my walk by following het ‘Graafschapspad’ out off town.
 I came to the IJssel-valley and for the rest of this section the path is on top of a dyke. To the left you see old parts of the IJssel. This is a nature reserve now and is home to a big variety of water birds and amphibians. There are two marina’s and tiny sandy beaches. On the right hand side of the dam are farms and three nice campsites: ‘De Zwarte Schaar’, ‘Dorado Beach’ and the ' IJsselstrand'. Finally there is a private mini camping ‘Het Hofke’.
The whole walk is really lovely and you hardly hear anything as soon as you leave the outskirts of Doesburg, only the wind and the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment